I just read the most inspiring article about a company that gives back to the community: “Most Influential 2017: Charles Antis wears his heart on his socks, spreads messages of corporate social responsibility,” authored by Theresa Walker and published in The Orange County Register.
I think every business owner and every community would be inspired by reading this article.
Here is what I liked most in this story, and these are important takeaways for any business owner who is interested in making the world a better place:
- Mr. Antis has cultivated a habit of giving and has woven that throughout his business practices. In the article, he shares insights about how the company’s giving and profitability have gone hand in hand.
- Through his board leadership in the National Roofing Contractors Association, he has encouraged and challenged fellow roofing professionals to help meet a specific need around the nation.
- He has donated his specialized roofing work to nonprofits. His commitments cover a wide range of needs. The company’s focus on giving fully embraces the local community.
- This roofing professional has shared his personal story of why giving is so important to him. It is those stories, and that willingness to share them, that helps others identify their own “why.”
- He desires to help other companies learn from his experiences in how to make social responsibility a part of their corporate culture. He also demonstrates what a small-to-medium-sized business can do to make a difference in the community.
I was excited to read and learn about a company that is modeling and sharing insights into corporate social responsibility. If you desire to cultivate giving through your company in creative ways that impact lives, this article is a great starting place for inspiration.